The Solar
Express
tagboard


ShoutMix chat widget
Sophia says hi

Hello, hello. Sophia here (maybe not most of the time, but sometimes I am) so I don't really update a lot. Sorry. Aspiring to be a woman who is CAPTIVATING (read the book!-is currently on my top favs!) and a student which can answer at least a few questions on her test correctly (I'm no nerd-I just like gettin' good grades). I like cold showers on hot days and hot showers on cold days, and being indoors when its (very) hot and being ourdoors after a heavy downpoor. Ps, I may not be the prettiest girl on earth, but I beautiful cos I have Jesus in me. :)
The King is entralled by your beauty, Psalms 45:11
affiliates

Josie Hoyan Leava Yappoh lidiya che che ee hwa Mei Fen Flora Mei Fang Jun Yin Chien Min Su Ann Mei Yen Fern Sara Sarah Abigail Mun Mun Mchelle Little Rain Jaice Michele Ling See Yan Evon Bro Ruth CJyane Hui Yoke Suet Yan Alison Pui Yee Irina Haylee Vinod Carissa Jannah Anis Lam Rachel Kong Esther Baie
Saturday, April 3, 2010 @ 3:43 AM
Holy Saturday
I think I'm gonna go on a facebook fast (as in puasa). Haha, no point getting myself upset over something I can avoid. So if you wanna contact me, pls do so here. Aisss

There's another service today, at 8pm. Last night's one was great, though because of the lightning and thunder, the wires went wild and there was no air-con. :( boooo. Then my sis had to take of her jacket, cos it was too hot. Haha. The lights went on and off too, so the lcd projection for worship like can see cannot see like that. >w< Lately I've been thinking and I'm trying to let go and let God. Trust me, its harder than it sounds. I don't know why. Is my faith so little that I can't trust Him to handle this problem that must be so small in his eyes.

So help me Lord, to trust you more,
When I don't know, what I'm here for.

On a brighter note, my brother chipped his tooth the other day. Not that its good news..haha. We had to take him to the dentist, and amazingly, they managed to glue the piece back to its former place! You can't see the line or crack at all! Hahaa, thank God!

Good Friday's service
Dr Paul gave the message, and talked about Pilate, Annas (the High Priest) and Peter (the disciple of Jesus).
They all had one thing in common-they failed the truth test.
Why did they fail?
Pilate failed, because he was unprepared. There could be other reasons, but one of them was this. He wasn't prepared to face the truth, and it came right in his face as a surprise. Plus, he was unpracticed in the truth. He was a man of great power, and because he wanted to keep that power, he sent Jesus to die, eventhough there was no evidence that Jesus did anything worthy of his dying on the cross.
Annasfailed, because he had no interest in the truth. Even though he was the High Priest, his concerns were in his power (religiously as well as socially) Annas didn't want to hear the truth, and he saw Jesus as a threat.
Peter failed the truth test as well. But unlike the others. He was full of guilt when he recognised his lies. He denied knowing Jesus three times. After the 3rd time, Jesus looked straight at him. I wonder what it must have felt like? Loving someone so dearly, and then lying that you know them. What made it worse was that the person you claimed you didn't know, knew about your lies. Its a sad picture. But unlike the rest, Peter repented, and that, my friends, is what is important. To ask for forgiveness. Saying sorry. That would make all the difference. :)
monthly archive

November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 June 2010
recent entries

Thank you Lord, for the strength You provided. I n... Past work Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Happy Chinese New Year!!! Holidays..here I come! Physics blues sick sickness First week of school a day after Christmas
LAYOUT BACKGROUND COLORS MINIICONS